Objectives - Serving Students with Special Needs
The Serving Students with Special Needs course covers these topics:
- Description of common medical conditions resulting in students’ special dietary needs, the symptoms of these conditions, and the basic principles for managing them.
- The requirements of federal laws related to serving students with special needs.
- Participants will identify the team members involved in management of special dietary needs in schools and the role of each member.
- Participants will describe the specific school foodservice responsibilities regarding serving students with special dietary needs.
- Participants will be able to state the federal requirements regarding making milk substitutions in the school meal programs.
- Participants will be able to understand the recommendations for using the Medical Plan of Care form.
- Participants will engage in an activity to apply the information learned in this course in some real-life, practical situations.
- Participants will be able to identify resources related to accommodating students with special dietary needs in the school nutrition programs.
Click here to login or register for this course.